12/28/09

Christmas Day, 2009













Surprise, surprise… Santa came again this year. And wow… both kiddos must have been on Santa’s “nice” list!

Gabby was given a big princess tent and LOTS of the Disney princess dolls… she must have the entire collection now. Santa gave her some warm new PJ’s, leggings, tights, games, princess books, Hello Kitty chapsticks, etc.











Rocco discovered his train table before Gabby woke up and it was so cute because he yelled “Look momma, look!” He LOVES his train table and all of his new train stuff. He also got a big remote control truck, some warm fleece PJ’s, some new Hot Wheels cars and trucks, some new toy tools, and Diego books. And, he was much more interested in opening presents on Christmas Day versus Christmas Eve which was great.












Matteo’s stocking was even filled up with new Hot Wheels cars and trucks (he loved trucks) and some new socks. Santa must have known that nobody puts holes in socks quicker than Matteo did. And, Santa probably knew how much it would break mommy’s heart to see an empty Matteo stocking on Christmas morning.

Then, Dan & I went into cooking mode. And, while we thought the kids would be busy playing nicely with their respective new toys… we quickly realized that lots of new toys also create new battles to referee. Gabby was amazingly interested in all of Rocco’s new electronic toys and tools, and Rocco couldn’t resist pushing Gabby’s buttons by taking toys right out of her hands.

We shared Christmas day and evening with our au pair, Sarah, and some of our local family - Leo, Kenny, Linda, Barbara, Kirk and Clint. Gatherings with this group could not be more enjoyable… time passes too fast with so many fun conversations and stories. And, they brought LOTS of yummy appetizers and desserts.

Dan and I love to cook and entertain. We ended up making a very DELISH dinner… including an arugula, pear, gorgonzola & walnut salad; filet mignon with a wild mushroom, merlot sauce; garlic mashed potatoes; and some yummy green beans.

















The Christmas holiday was certainly very difficult and heartbreaking. A LOT of tears fell Christmas morning. And, being busy with making dinner and entertaining may have been a blessing in disguise so Gabby and Rocco didn’t have to watch their mommy constantly cry on what was supposed to be a joyous holiday. But… we survived it. And, it was a nice holiday thanks to the wonderful and thoughtful people we spent it with.















2 comments:

Cindy said...

OMG I am so excited to finally be able to comment. For some reason, every time I come to your blog now my computer freezes up and I have to close all my windows. Strange!
Anywho, you are so so so amazing Jodi. I cannot even begin to FATHOM how difficult this holiday season was for you and Dan. Your family is absolutely beautiful. Lots of tight hugs from me and Brian :)

P.S. We have the same PBK stockings! In fact, my boys have the same train and fire truck as Rocco's & Matteo's stockings. Love them!
Happy new year my friend! :):):)

Poppy said...

Your Christmas dinner sounded delish and I probably gained a couple of pounds just reading about it!

I'm so glad you had good people to spend the day with, to help you and the family get through this day.I'm glad you were able to keep busy and enjoy the day as best you could. The kids look like they had a wonderful Christmas.