We've been visiting Gilroy Gardens a lot in the past few weeks. It's an amusement park with rides, water parks, a fabulous petting zoo with pony rides, beautiful gardens (which we have yet to tour or walk through), and lots of other activites for the kids.We purchased season passes two days before Matteo died. We visited the park for the first time as a family two days before Matteo died. And, we had planned to visit many more times as a family.
The first visit after Matteo died really sucked. It was difficult to not constantly replay in my head what he liked, that he first showed signs of a fever while we were at the park, and how he didn't want to leave the playground with all the cool slides when it was time to go home. I literally had to peel him off the slides even though he was sick.


The kids love GG. And, aside from the half hour drive there... Dan and I enjoy going there too. My mom (Gammy) was visiting last week so we brought her along with us so she could get a sampling of the excitement and fun. We also met up with my friend, Kathleen and her girls and husband.
Gammy took lots of photos of all the petting zoo fun which I've posted here. If you ask me... Gabby should live on a farm. She did such a great job picking up and holding the chickens so gently. She wasn't scared of them one bit and was really very kind and gentle with all the animals. Rocco absolutely LOVED feeding the goats. He couldn't get enough of them eating food out of his hands. And, after he saw Gabby pick up chickens... he couldn't stop attempting to pick up the smaller goats. It was fun to watch.

I can't help but wonder what Matteo would have enjoyed the most. I know he would have been absolutely thrilled to feed the goats. And, I imagine he would have screamed his "Wowwowoow" when petting them and while also saying "goat.... goat.... goat". I so wish my little angel could have been with us during this visit.

1 comment:
I love the pony picture! What a princess!!!
Post a Comment