We worked with Gabby on a letter to her brother Matteo. These are Gabby's words only. We read it at Matteo's memorial service/funeral today.
****
Dear Matatoe (pronounced like & rhymes with potato),
I sent Matatoe a balloon... to him in the sky.
Rocco said “I want the balloon” and “I love Matatoe”.
I like him to play with me every day. I love him.
He still is dead, but he’ll come back to us. Don’t cry when he looks dead. It will be ok. It won’t be scary.
I love Matatoe in our whole live hearts.
I love him.
Don’t worry… he can come back to us. He is in my heart. He is in Daddy’s heart. He is in mommy’s and Rocco’s heart. He is in all our hearts.
He will never come back… but he will.
He is an angel now.
He makes the birds chirp for us in the morning.
Mommy showed me his star in the sky… we saw him. Angels are stars sometimes. He will come back to us… he is an angel and angels have powers to be more than one thing. Matatoe is in your heart mommy. He will come back to us.
Right now he’s on our shoulder, but I don’t see him on our shoulder.
I love Matatoe.
Words spoken by Gabriella Grace Martino.
Age 3.5
July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Gabby is a smart,special and very wise little girl. Her words are so powerful and full of love.
Very precious, I wish I could have been there to see all of you!
Absolutely precious. What an incredible big sister!
Beautiful words Gabby. Thank you.
Post a Comment